Monday 28 October 2013

Lights!!!

 This is a Louis Vuitton window display in NY around Christmas time. I believe lights are often used during this season as an effective display tool because they automatically lighten the display and give you a cheerful feeling. This reminds me of a carnival and gives me a very happy feeling because of the mixture of color. I wish they would have promoted the products better, the lights take over the product in the display case and I am easily distracted by everything else going on in this display. This can show how well lights can set a mood but too many can take away from the product being promoted. KS
This is a display by Givenchy. I like the color being used and how the lights are in every angle of the display. This in contrast with the black outfit being worn by the mannequin really sets a mood. I also like how they added the brand name, instead of putting it on the window they have used the same color of lights and hung it beside the mannequin which naturally draws your eye over after looking at the focus point. KS

No comments:

Post a Comment