Friday 6 December 2013

One last blog post!

The most interesting thing I learned from this class was basically how to operate a store efficiently and how every detail really needs to be thought out as it can make or break a store. I've worked in retail for years and now that I've seen everything that goes into running a store through our analysis and design projects, it definitely makes me appreciate the work that goes into things such as creating visual merchandising plans for stores. The project I got the most from was the display assignments, as we learned how to work efficiently with others and getting displays up when they needed to be. We were able to work with a lot of different themes and that does help with going into fashion because you can't quite expect what kind of display you'll be working on. My favourite part of the class was doing the blog posts as it's something I haven't done before, and it gave me a chance to research a lot of trends and the elements we talked about in class. The discussions in class as well was something I enjoyed, especially having so many of us with a retail background to relate to so it kept the conversation constantly interesting.

- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment